Learning for Justice offers professional development workshops for current K-12 classroom teachers, administrators and counselors, and for anyone who coaches classroom teachers and administrators. Review our frequently asked questions for more details.
Virtual Open-enrollment Workshops
Each 90-minute workshop costs $15 per participant and is delivered via Zoom with participant interaction and available closed captioning. All tickets must be purchased online. (We are not able to accept cash, purchase orders or checks.) Explore the schedule below, and register today—space is limited! We continue to add new dates, so check back often.
Unpacking the Social Justice Standards
This interactive, virtual professional development will introduce participants to the Learning for Justice Social Justice Standards.
Using the Let’s Talk! guide, this interactive, virtual professional development will provide participants the opportunity to learn strategies for creating supportive learning environments that encourage risk-taking.
Speak Up at School
Become familiar with strategies that educators and students can use to interrupt bias and injustice instead of letting them go unaddressed.
Advocating for Teaching Honest History: What Educators Can Do
This interactive, virtual professional development will equip educators with practical tools and resources to teach honest history in their classrooms. It will also provide strategies for advocating to other stakeholders within their schools and communities about the importance of teaching honest history.
"This was an amazing workshop! The presenters were charismatic and offered a perfect amount of guidance and opportunity to develop our own thoughts and strategies. I will definitely be recommending this to fellow educators!"
- Monday, September 19, 2022 | 6:00 PM-7:30 PM CST:
- (**SOLD OUT**) Tuesday, September 20, 2022 | 6:00 PM-7:30 PM CST:
- Speak Up At School
- Wednesday, September 21, 2022 | 6:00 PM-7:30 PM CST:
- Thursday, September 22, 2022 | 6:00 PM-7:30 PM CST:
- Monday, October 17, 2022 | 5:00 PM-6:30 PM CST:
- Tuesday, October 18, 2022 | 5:00 PM-6:30 PM CST:
- Wednesday, October 19, 2022 | 5:00 PM-6:30 PM CST:
- Thursday, October 20, 2022 | 5:00 PM-6:30 PM CST:
Who can attend a workshop?
Our workshops are open to educators only. Participants may include:
- Current K–12 teachers, administrators and counselors.
- Educators who teach or coach K–12 teachers, administrators and counselors.
- Pre-service teachers.
How much does it cost to attend a virtual workshop?
- The fee for individual virtual open-enrollment workshops is $15 per participant. All tickets must be purchased online. We do not accept offline payments such as purchase orders or checks.
I bought a ticket for a workshop, but I can’t attend. Can I get a refund?
We do not issue refunds. However, you can give your ticket to another educator to use. If you do that, we request that you contact us so we can update the participant list.