Learning for Justice is committed to providing a website experience that functions for all users regardless of ability, network speed, or device. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards. We invite feedback if you have issues accessing any part of the learningforjustice.org.
- Each page on the site has a “skip to content” link that allows users to move quickly past navigation and into main content.
- Titles, headings, body copy, and other essential elements have been designed to provide sufficient color contrast.
- Care has been taken to apply focus and hover states to interactive elements including the navigation, links and buttons.
- Pages are structured with semantic elements like header, navigation, main, and footer to help users move around more quickly.
- The navigation, search, Lesson pages and several key pages have been manually tested with zoom up to 400%, keyboard navigation, with VoiceOver and with the WAVE tool.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA and Level AAA, with AAA as most conformant. Learningforjustice.org is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA, and we are working toward full conformance. Some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. We are reviewing commonly used pages and tools on our site and implementing updates to improve the usability for all. If you encounter something that is not accessible, please let us know so we can better understand how to prioritize this critical work.
- The Learning Plan Builder has form elements that are missing labels and are not keyboard navigable. We are aware of this issue, and are working to resolve it.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of learningforjustice.org. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
- Please contact us using this form
- Postal address: Southern Poverty Law Center 400 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, AL 36104
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.