Learning for Justice offers professional development workshops for current K-12 classroom teachers, administrators and counselors, and for anyone who coaches classroom teachers and administrators. Review our frequently asked questions for more details.
Virtual Open-enrollment Workshops
Each 90-minute workshop costs $15 per participant and is delivered via Zoom with participant interaction and available closed captioning. All tickets must be purchased online. (We are not able to accept cash, purchase orders or checks.) Explore the schedule below, and register today—space is limited! We continue to add new dates, so check back often.
"This was an amazing workshop! The presenters were charismatic and offered a perfect amount of guidance and opportunity to develop our own thoughts and strategies. I will definitely be recommending this to fellow educators!"
Unpacking the Social Justice Standards
This interactive, virtual professional development will introduce participants to the Learning for Justice Social Justice Standards.
- (SOLD OUT) Monday, March 28, 2022 | 5:00 PM–6:30 PM CST
Using the Let’s Talk! guide, this interactive, virtual professional development will provide participants the opportunity to learn strategies for creating supportive learning environments that encourage risk-taking.
- (SOLD OUT) Saturday, April 9, 2022 | 2:00 PM–3:30 PM CST
- (SOLD OUT) Tuesday, May 17, 2022 | 5:00 PM–6:30 PM CST
Speak Up at School
Become familiar with strategies that educators and students can use to interrupt bias and injustice instead of letting them go unaddressed.
- (SOLD OUT) Tuesday, March 29, 2022 | 5:00 PM—6:30 PM CST
- (SOLD OUT) Thursday, May 19, 2022 | 4:00 PM—5:30 PM CST
- (SOLD OUT) Saturday, May 21, 2022 | 2:00 PM—3:30 PM CST
Teaching Hard History
This interactive, virtual professional development will provide participants the opportunity to explore the Teaching Hard History framework and learn strategies for implementation.
- (SOLD OUT) Thursday, March 31, 2022 | 4:00 PM—5:30 PM CST
- (SOLD OUT) Monday, May 16, 2022 | 5:00 PM—6:30 PM CST
Who can attend a workshop?
Our workshops are open to educators only. Participants may include:
- Current K–12 teachers, administrators and counselors.
- Educators who teach or coach K–12 teachers, administrators and counselors.
- Pre-service teachers.
How much does it cost to attend a virtual workshop?
- The fee for individual virtual open-enrollment workshops is $15 per participant. All tickets must be purchased online. We do not accept offline payments such as purchase orders or checks.
I bought a ticket for a workshop, but I can’t attend. Can I get a refund?
We do not issue refunds. However, you can give your ticket to another educator to use. If you do that, we request that you contact us so we can update the participant list.