To mark the anniversary, teach a more complex version of this historic milestone and the civil rights movement. LFJ has resources to help. Listen to this podcast episode and watch this webinar—based upon our guide by the same title—to help students delve deeper into the history of Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott. For additional context, students can discuss Browder v. Gayle, an often unheard-of civil rights case that overturned segregated public transportation in the South.
- The Real Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- Beyond the Bus: Teaching the Unseen Story of Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- 'Browder v. Gayle'
Teach students an accurate and more complete history of Native and Indigenous peoples in celebration of Native American Heritage Month—and all year long! Including information from experts at the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian, these LFJ resources can help.
- Indigenous Peoples' History
- Q&A: Native Knowledge 360°
- With and About: Inviting Contemporary American Indian Peoples Into the Classroom