- Favorite Holiday Poster Projects Aren’t Inclusive
- Avoiding the Holiday 'Balance Traps'
- Religious Holidays
To mark the anniversary, teach a more complex version of this historic milestone and the civil rights movement. LFJ has resources to help. Listen to this podcast episode and watch this webinar—based upon our guide by the same title—to help students delve deeper into the history of Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott. For additional context, students can discuss Browder v. Gayle, an often unheard-of civil rights case that overturned segregated public transportation in the South.
- The Real Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- Beyond the Bus: Teaching the Unseen Story of Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- 'Browder v. Gayle'
In a year during which lawmakers across the country continue to restrict the rights of transgender people—particularly transgender students—we encourage you to propose supportive policies and lead critical conversations about transgender and nonbinary students at school. These resources can help.
- Best Practices for Serving LGBTQ Students
- Talking With Students About Transgender Athletes
- Toolkit for "Being There for Nonbinary Youth"
Teach students an accurate and more complete history of Native and Indigenous peoples in celebration of Native American Heritage Month—and all year long! Including information from experts at the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian, these LFJ resources can help.
- Indigenous Peoples' History
- Q&A: Native Knowledge 360°
- With and About: Inviting Contemporary American Indian Peoples Into the Classroom