- What makes us who we are?
- Do the ways we identify ourselves change over time?
- Do the ways we present our identities change depending on where we are or the people we are with?
- What are the benefits and challenges of belonging to multiple identity groups?
- Why might people not feel safe to express all their identities?
- How are people similar to and different from each other?
- How do communities become diverse?
- What is the difference between being treated unfairly by another person and receiving unequal treatment under the law?
- How does privilege shape the lives of individuals and groups?
- How do bias and prejudice undermine equal rights?
Exploring Diversity in a Classroom
July 19, 2014